Found an old fishing rod that will work nicely, a little heavy, but there will be some weight up front with motor and batteries.
Started the proc of the elim wing, the top and bott spar is made up of a 6mmx6mm tassy oak strip from bunnings and glued to that is a 6mmx6mm balsa strip. top spar is balsa then tassy oak and swapped the other way on the bottom. This is an F5J ship so it wont need to strength for winch launch.
Project for summer, i’ve taken an old design and modified it for a very light F5J. The Eliminator 134 was a design I’ve always loved, but after a few chats with the boys, we have decided to build some very light machines. So sit back and stay tuned. I have decided not to use the standard fuse that comes with the kit, thanks the Hyperflight in the UK, i picked up a carbon fuse that should…
Another build in progress, I do like having a few on the go. This is another 80-90’s design, all timber 134″. This beastie has a solid section in the main wing and then the dyhedral after that. A very thin fuselage makes this older design fairly competitive. Fuse halves and start of the main spar.